Dovel Technologies, LLC provides leading edge software and application development services specializing in mission driven solutions that address complex business processes and technology challenges. We practice CMMI® ML3 processes and delivery solutions and are an innovative mission oriented technology company focused on complex business and technical challenges, ensuring solutions support the achievement of your mission. Our team creates software solutions that help customers communicate, access, and store mission critical information. Dovel is instrumental in the design and implementation of some of the most mission critical and innovative systems in government today.
Dovel, ranked #12 on the Washington Business Journal’s 50 Fastest Growing Companies in 2016! Join our team today!
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join the FDA Scientific Computing team, supporting the OIM Center in Reston, VA.
The QA Manager is responsible for providing clear leadership for shaping our QA efforts. This role will partner with and analysis our customer’s needs, and also be a hands-on independent contributor. The ability to refine requirements and direction with clarification questions is imperative. This role will have strong interactions with the infrastructure team and project stakeholders to establish seamless processes that promote program surveillance and quality audit.
The duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Drive planning & delivery of high-quality enterprise IT software releases.
- Manage to plan completion of QA for each release.
- Review project and release specific test strategy and planning documents prepared by QA team.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Maintain and enhance working automation framework.
- Create complex automated testing applications, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop, document and revise automation test procedures and quality standards.
- Assemble and lead multiple cross-functional teams to support IT application releases of varying size, complexity and duration.
- Collaborate and manage release processes across all functions within IT and with business stakeholders.
- Manage change control processes for the releases.
- Continuously improve release processes.
- Define and manage release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles to release.
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Perform environment planning, provisioning, and management required to support the releases.
- Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required.
- Monitors, measures, and reports on team’s performance via regular status reporting on team’s accomplishments, issues and risks.
- Reviews critical project documentation for completion and provides feedback and coaching as required.
- Ensures project tasks and milestones are accurate and complete for all active projects.
- Works with the BA and QA teams to identify potential improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the role, including a clearly defined requirements hand off process between teams.
- Ensures team development of expertise with existing or new systems.
- Serves as a conduit between the business and IT, building and fostering relationships across the organization.
- Serves as a stakeholder across all active projects.
- Holds team members accountable to meet estimates and time frames for all team’s tasks and deliverables.
Position requires an FDA Public trust clearance and eligibility is required - we will process for the selected candidate.
- BS degree
- 10+ years overall experience
- Middleware applications such as Firefox, Safari, iTunes, Oracle Java, Adobe Acrobat, Flash, Shockwave, EMC Source One, "ActivClient"(PIV reader software), Centrify, Checkpoint/Pointsec, PuTIY, WinSCP, Enterprise Google Chrome browser, WebEx
- Central management of software for scientists Servers on the FDA network
- Apple servers Management
- Secunia Corporate Software Inspector
- EMC Avamar
- Storage arrays, SAN, NAS, such as NetApp or lsilon, etc.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus and Management
- KiXtart scripts
- Perl scripts
- Syslog server
- Inspector Dash monitoring
- Mac, Linux, Window Environments
- Active Directory
- MS degree
- Previous FDA/HHS experience
- Experience in a scientific and/or laboratory environment
Dovel Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Words that describe Dovel:
A Lean Forward Company; Agile; Fun; High-Energy; Leaders Encouraged; Innovative; Users of Cutting-Edge Technology; Client-Oriented-Consultative Environment; Skilled, Educated, and Certified Professionals; Stable and Growing
Paid Time Off; 10 Paid Holidays; Health Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision Plan; Life Insurance; Long Term Disability; Short Term Disability; Flexible Spending Accounts; 401(k) with matching; Voluntary Life Insurance
CTO Group Mentorship; On-site State-of-the-Art Technology Lab; Casual Fridays, Friday breakfast on-site and more…