Dovel Technologies, LLC provides leading edge software and application development services specializing in mission driven solutions that address complex business processes and technology challenges. We practice CMMI® ML3 processes and delivery solutions and are an innovative mission oriented technology company focused on complex business and technical challenges, ensuring solutions support the achievement of your mission. Our team creates software solutions that help customers communicate, access, and store mission critical information. Dovel is instrumental in the design and implementation of some of the most mission critical and innovative systems in government today.
Dovel ranked #12 on the Washington Business Journal’s 50 Fastest Growing Companies in 2016! Join our team today!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to support a large government contract in McLean, Virginia!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform application development and support
- Understand and apply development design patterns.
- Understand and apply design disciplines including Object-Oriented Design and Analysis ad Domain-Driven Design
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (Layered, Clean, CRUD, CQRS, etc)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Problem and modification identification, classification, and prioritization
- Detailed analysis of the modification to determine impact, feasibility, and alternatives
- Design modification and execution of solution
- Testing of the application as required when changes are made to the, application, its infrastructure or interfacing systems
- Provide the modification as part of a release package for installation in the operational environment.
- Data quality and data management
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation and artifacts
- Disaster recovery testing
- Provide support of critical production issues
- Work well on small, high-performing teams
- Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline and a minimum of 4 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Java 7 and 8, Hibernate, Maven, Oracle, REST Services, Spring
Dovel Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
- Vaadin, Spring Boot, Docker, Amazon Web Services, JOOQ experience in a continuous integration environment.
- Scripting languages and experience (Ruby, Python, etc)
- Desirable technologies: Servlet, JSP, SOAP, JBPM5, Drools, Jquery, JMS, Apache Lucene/SOLR, ElasticSearch
Words that describe Dovel
A Lean Forward Company; Agile; Fun; High-Energy; Leaders Encouraged; Innovative; Users of Cutting-Edge Technology; Client-Oriented-Consultative Environment; Skilled, Educated, and Certified Professionals; Stable and Growing
Paid Time Off; 10 Paid Holidays; Health Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision Plan; Life Insurance; Long Term Disability; Short Term Disability; Flexible Spending Accounts; matching 401(k) with matching; Voluntary Life Insurance
CTO Group Mentorship; On-site State-of-the-Art Technology Lab; Casual Fridays, Friday breakfast on-site and more…